• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Case for Watercooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CDL0012

Registered
I looking into purchasing an Antec PlusView1000AMG from NewEgg however I am concerned about the limited ways I can setup my W/C system without having to modify the case whatsoever.

What concerns me the most are the 3.5 internal drives behind the front intake where I would like to place a heater core, which will be most likely a chevette or if space permits, a dual 120mm heater core.

Has anyone have experience with this case before?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...1-129-124&catalog=7&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1

Any input is much appreciated! Thanks!

CDL0012 said:
I looking into purchasing an Antec PlusView1000AMG from NewEgg however I am concerned about the limited ways I can setup my W/C system without having to modify the case whatsoever.

What concerns me the most are the 3.5 internal drives behind the front intake where I would like to place a heater core, which will be most likely a chevette or if space permits, a dual 120mm heater core.

Has anyone have experience with this case before?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...1-129-124&catalog=7&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1

Any input is much appreciated! Thanks!

removing the bottom drive bay would give you space for a chevette, and 3 3.5" bays remaining. it does need slight modding (drilling out the rivits that fix the shelf that drive bay sits on iirc... don't think there's any way to put a core in one with absolutely no modding. :(

I have the Cheiftec/Antec Dragon which is very similar. I don't think you could get a dual 120mm HC in there... but a chevette will fit. Kinda a pain to get in and out. But I have a big ol' shroud/172mm fan on it.

With heatercore sitting on the bottom of the case I have at max 1.5" to the bottom of the top HDD bay.

Back