• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump placement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trdsw20

Does it matter that the pump physically is mounted upside down or even side ways??
Would it affect either the flow rate or overall performance of the system

No, the orientation of the pump doesn't affect it's performance in my opinion. Mines mounted vertically so inlet is at the top and it outputs sideways, works like a dream.

Later

For allmost all pumps orientation is not an issue. However I have expirimended with some Iwaki pumps (wich are awesome in every way) and some of them have bearings and magnetic shafts that shift with their orientaint, causing them to rub in certain positions. But most pumps used by watercoolers: Eheim, ViaAqua, Hydor, MaxiJet, etc, generaly wont have any issues being mounted upside down or sideways.

Best of luck to ya,
-Iron Hawk

that sounds great and should help me position the setup to its cleanset thanks for all the information.BTW glad I didnt get a iwaki

Back