• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

draining with T-line

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pphx459

Registered
Hi guys, I need some help on how to change/drain the water when you have a T setup. I don't know how to do it without making a mess...

to drain my system i unplug the t-line and then disconnect the pump input hose(cause its the lowest) over a bowl. not everything will come out but you can shake it around. the last time i did it, i used a shop vac to suck out the last of the water

I just pull my pump out of my case, and take the hose off the barb, it all comes out.

it depends on where your t line is and if you have a ehiem pump. For me which i have a 1250 and my tline is b4 my pump i just bend tline over but i make shure that the locks on pump seal dont come undone b/c that is a mess and then i just let it do its thing, next thing i do is i turn rads upside down so its completely drained

Same here, the pump is the most easily removed part of the circuit, and you can drain everything from there with a bucket, and some strategic tilting ;). f you flush your system with distilled water, you can make a additive change, or dye color change easily, without removing anything but the pump.

If you really wanted to, you can always remove all the components, and clean/shake them dry individually. I find that compressed air works wonders for getting all the water out of radiators in particular ;)

i just blow on the inlet and then it all comes out :) , im gonna hafta drain mine tommrow for when i add dyelite w00 w00

man for me the last thing i want to do is unplug the pump since the inlet and outlet are 3/4's od.. it's a b*yatch to put that back on!

Back