• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eheim 1048 or Hydor L30?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadowcat

I am considering these pumps.. one one hand silence and fairly good power.. on the other, some noise and power + cheaper....

I don't want too much noise.. I want something reliable.. and I want something around that price that is easy to get hold of in the UK, these two pumps seem to suit that.. but which one?

id say go for the mag3 (hehe)
i don't know where to get it in the UK but i think it would be better than either of your 2 choices

The Hydor L30 is better compared to the Eheim 1250 as the 1048 is weaker than the L30. If you really want a reliable silent pump I would go for the 1250. Or like zip said, you can go for the Mag3.

how much is the l30 cause i know the mag3 has better performance.

The most common complaint about the Hydor L30 is about the noise it makes. I used to have one of these pumps though, and I never had *any* issues with this pump's noise at all - it was near inaudible. Once the system was bled, and no air was moving through the pump it was totally fine.

The other common complaint which convinces people not to use this pump would be some users getting cracks in the housing chamber plastic - however if you are careful with the pump, you shouldn't have problems here either.

The Hydor L30 is less expensive, smaller, and more attractive to look at than the Eheim 1250. Easy decision in my opinion :)

My L30 is perfectly silent too. The L30 actually creates more pressure (head) than the eheim 1250 (check the gruntville review), and it flows more water. It's also cheap.

zip22 said:
id say go for the mag3 (hehe)
i don't know where to get it in the UK but i think it would be better than either of your 2 choices

can't get the mag3 in the UK - we are 230V, 50hz and it's only available in 115V, 60hz.... :(

pauldenton said:

can't get the mag3 in the UK - we are 230V, 50hz and it's only available in 115V, 60hz.... :(

Transformer maybe? but seriously you right mag3 is out of the question

I have a eheim1250 but i only relly brought it cous it was going cheap on ebay.

If i was buying from ashop i would get a L30 as its performance is nearly identical to the eheim.

Ok, looks like it will probably be the L30 for me, the price is pretty excellent for the equipment you get.

Back