• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why am I getting errors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fallen Phoenix

Anytime I go over maybe 180fsb, I get an error message saying one of my system files is corrupt or missing. It seems like what would happen when I would push my A7V8X too high (no PCI lock). Specs are in my sig. :(

Are you using SATA? If you are what bios are you using and what do you have the P2P Discard time (its called something like that) set at?

Last edited:
Have you tried loosening your memory timings? CH-5 like your Mushkin Level 1 doesn't like tight timings very much. Up memory voltage and drop timings to 2.5-3-3-11, if you haven't already.

hmmm I'm using plain ol' PATA and uhh my memory timings are 2-2-2-5. Maybe I should set them back to stock and try that.:bang head

corrutped hard drive - this board has no pci lock so does not like speeds that high not much you can do but try the ram timings.

I got the same problem a few time back.Is it the "ntoskrnl.exe" file?That was mine.A little increase in CPU voltage will solve the problem.I got from 1.775V to 1.825V.And I have 2.5-3-3-9.

Good luck!

Back