• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need guidance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mavphoto1

Registered
Here is my rig:
A7NX8X deluxe rev2.2800+ cpu.2XHynix 512 DDR400(8/3/3/3t).HDD is 120 gig SATA.ATI 9700 pro.Lian li case with plenty of fans.thermaltake CPU fan.450 w power supply with 2 fan
audigy2 sound card.DVD burner.CDRW.card reader.

I am trying to OC my system but can't get pass 178 FSB without crashing!
My CPU is lock aty 12.5x
CPU vcore is at 1.775v
AGP freq at 66 mhz
memory at 100%
I changed my MOBO batt.
remove the MOBO FSB jumper

Even my video card don't pass 337.5/661.5 without artifact.

what do you guys think???

ok, check your memory timings, best if you go to hynix for suggested timings
check the fsb jumper and make sure it's on 200/166/133
then check your memory voltage, again check their website

i also don't think you're the first to have problems w/ Hynix ram, check these threads and check over at the amd section

Make sure you have the latest bios. Asus updated the bios to revision 1007 to fix hynix memory stability issue for A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 boards.

:mad:
I have the latest bios
I've adjust the ddr volt. to 2.8 with no difference
I've tested the memory with memtest for hours only to find out that I can't get pass 178 FSB !
very frustrating !!!

mavphoto1 said:
Here is my rig:
2XHynix 512 DDR400(8/3/3/3t).

If you are trying to go dual channel, you will not make it with that memory settings. I had eLixir PC3200 w/ 8-3-3-3 and it will not go pass 184 FSB. As a matter of fact, I received that bios checksum error. Try using your ram in single channel mode, you will have better success.

single or dual,that is the question...

Do you think I would gain in setting it as single channel to gain higher FSB or should I keep it dual with FSB set as is (178)?

i say tighten up the cas latency, i couldn't get anyway w/ any ram w/ loose timings like that, either tighten them to 7-3-3-2t, or get some corsair/samsung ram and use those timings

Back