• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

performance difference between chevette HC and BIX?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Benzie500E

performance difference between chevette HC and BIX and dtek pro?

Hey guys i'm still gathering all of the components for my watercooling system.

I'm going to be using a Hydor L30 pump with a swiftech 5002, and i'm wondering what kind of heater core i should use for this setup.

What is the big performance difference between a chevette hc, a bix, and dtek pro?

Is the dtek pro and chevette similar, and bix under both of their performances?

also, i'm only cooling the CPU with this setup, not the gpu also...so only one chip will be cooled through this setup

Last edited:
the dtek core is a chevette core with pre-modded barbs on it. So they should perform the same or very close to it.

well the bix is alot smaller then the chevette or the caprice, so if space is an issue then the BIX might be a good option for you. Otherwise get the chevette or the caprice, cheap but very good.

if the dtek pro is a chevette with barbs on it and painted, i'll probably get the d-tek pro, i'm a complete newbie, so, i'm gonna need everything done for me the first time around until i get familiar with everything

While I was just setting up a current w/c rig I was working on my DTek core and accidently punched a hole right through it with my drill. While making it worthless it let me see inside and I noticed it wasn't brass! Or at least some cheap version of brass because it looks like aluminum to me. Its a grey not the gold in my 87 heatercore I got from Napa.

This seemed odd to me and might be because they buy some value model in order to make more money but I'm not sure. As everyone knows having bare aluminum in your setup is a very big no-no plus it doesn't cool as well so I thought I'd point this out to you. I would go with the '87 chevette heatercore, its cheaper and works just fine.

Back