• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

everythings in!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trdsw20

Just got my order from dtekcustoms and am ready to set it up.
Whitewater
Chipset block
Dtek pro rad
Hydor L30
Cheap hosing from homedepot:eek:

My only question is???
ANy tips on installing tubing??
I should have some pictures up .

Actually 2 questions. I wanted to construct a relay for the pump. Does anybody have any how to s guides or schematics on how this can be done. I saw on the fushyuguru post that he had created one but it was not too informing. thanks

Last edited:
Not exactly sure what tips on installing tubing you are looking for, but I would recommend that you use hose clamps on all of your connections. They are a cheap insurance policy that your tubing does not come lose. I would also recommend that you make all of your tubing runs long enough to prevent kinking of the tubing, but of course don't make them excessively long either.

As for running the tubing between the various components, you can use either of the following setups, whichever is easier for you to install. You will get about the same temps with either method. Are you going to use a T-line or reservoir or neither? If you use a reservoir, I would put it on the pump suction.

pump -> rad -> CPU block -> chipset block -> pump
pump -> CPU block -> chipset block -> rad -> pump

I recommend the tygon tubing from the home depot. It has this mesh inside that really helps stop any kinking. Its harder to work with but it I sure love it. Use hose clamps...for 38 cents each or somthing you can't beat the peace of mind.

actually need more help with the relay have yoiu seen any tips or guides on how to make one. Ive been seraching for quite a while but no luck

here's what I used.
12V bosche relay DPDT 30A.
male molex plug.
4 female spade connectors
a/c plug from old psu

cut a 3 ft long lead from your pump. strip outer shield and connect the white/hot wire to 87a on the relay. wire the molex plug to the 85 and 86. With extra wire from pump, connect one end of white/hot wireto 30 on relay and other end along with black/ground to corresponding leads on a/c plug and plug other end to . cut a hole with nibbler (radio shack) in the back of your case to install a/c plug from old psu with pop rivets. Plug in molex to psu. Plug in a/c cord.

start up pc and wallah! Wife proof! pump always is on when pc is turned on.

hope this helps

Last edited:
relay-schmelay :D
just leave your pump on!

if you really want to though heres a guide

Last edited:
Back