• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit is7-e?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

komer

what do u think about this mbo?is good for that money?do u reccomend me to buy another mbo in that prize range?tnx

I've got one on the way from newegg myself and I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs. I'll be sure to report back when I can, but I'm sure some folks around here have this board so hopefully you'll get an answer before then.

It's a good board, never had any problem with it...

I've had a prommy hooked up to it, watercooling, stock, drained a WC over it (put it in the owen for 15 minutes), still works like a charm. I also got gigalan on it (some rev. 1.0 had it), so I'm happy.

I have both the IS7-E and the IS7. The borads are great. They have great stability and OC's better than the IT7 Max 2 board for my 2.53B chip and doing OK on the 2.4c as I haven't found the sweet spot

Only other board I would look at if you like the 865PE chip set is the Abit AI7. Vdimm is higher 3.2 vs 2.8 and your memory may need it. I am thinking about picking one up to replace a dual PIII that died on me.

Good luck with your choice

I'd get the AI7...and it's most likely going to be my next motherboard.

-edit- Just ordered the Abit AI7. For the money it's got everything I'm looking for, and I've been pleased with Abit thusfar.

Last edited:
well tnx all!i hope i will buy next week is7-E!wehen i buy it i will post the answer is good or bad!tnx again

I put an Abit IS7E into my wifes comp and it will thump my AI7 in memory scores with the same ram. OCZ pc4000 gold @ 250 in the is7 returns a score of 5500+ running async. but in the ai7 it is closer to 5300 and again that is with the same 2 ram sticks.

However I would like to add that the AI7's voltage is way more stable and the temps seem to be more in line also. My 2 cents.

Last edited:
I also got gigalan on it (some rev. 1.0 had it), so I'm happy. [/B]
It also says that I have a gigalan but I though it's because Abit didn't change the driver for the IS7 and IS7-E - how do you know it's really gigabit? have you been able to test it?

ytoledano said:
It also says that I have a gigalan but I though it's because Abit didn't change the driver for the IS7 and IS7-E - how do you know it's really gigabit? have you been able to test it?

Yes, I've got an IC7-G board too... Transfer rates are as high as 30MB / s...

I have gigalan on both my IS7 and IS-E boards. Look at the chip on the board that will give it away. Not sure if the new 1.2 boards have them but the 1.0 does.

Finally reporting back. I had some issues with a hard drive that's sounds like it's dying on me this weekend so I didn't get to play around much. So far, I'm very happy with the IS7-E though. I need to update my sig! Anyway, at the moment I'm running a [email protected] on air (Zalman CNPS-7000Cu) at stock voltage. That's fine with me for now, though I may crank it up in the future as I'd love to see if I can hit 250fsb and 3.5Ghz.

The board is very easy to work with and I love the BIOS and Flash Menu, though that's more of a thumbs up to Abit than this particular board. Flashing the BIOS is easy, tweaking the settings is easy and the Hardware Doctor seems relatively accurate. It's been easy, stable, and of course inexpensive.

The memory bandwidth benches are a joy (old board didn't support dual channel DDR) and more importantly no compatibility issues with my RAM. I'd heard that this board wasn't cooperating with certain sticks. I'm running 2x512mb Corsair XMS PC3200 that I already had. This was not matched memory. It ran fine at 2-3-3-6 at 400mhz when I had the chip at default which is what it's supposed to do, but now it's with the 5:4 divider it's only at ~184mhz.

Since I'm changing my sig I'll tell you, I upgraded to the 2.8c and IS7-E from a 2.53b and Albatron PX845PEV Pro. I'm a fan of the gently priced mobo an in that regard, the IS7-E is even better than the Albatron.

Abit has one of the best BIOS setups of anything I've worked on... and they are dedicated to supporting BIOS updates too.

this board blows, i bought it today... Nothing but problems..
My temps are appauling and How the hell are you expected to overclock if you can't even raise the Motherboard's voltage.

Seriously expected more from an abit board.

If you have high temps, then you have a serious lack of cooling which needs addressed. That's not a motherboard problem. I've got 3 Abit mobos and I have no trouble overclocking them (see signature).

I also have had experience with Abit, very good boards, I had an Nf7 w/ a 1700+ @ 2.5 , Was awesome, But then switched to intel simply because i wanted more speed.

I had an Epox 4pca3+ Rev 2.0 + 2.4c

@ 3.6Ghz 1.6 vcore 47 deg Full load

Now i have this abit board which won't o/c for ****, I know its not the ram or CPU as it ran fine in my epox.

I cant even get it to 2.6 ...

(PS. Batboy - What cooling do you have on your Presccot?) I Really wouldn't advise running it at 3.8 unless you have some serious cooling, Those things drain power like hell, causing the board to over heat ;/ )

The temps on my IS7e board were 10º higher at idle and load than they are on my AI7 and the voltages reported by Abit EQ are also quite noticably higher and more stable on the AI7.

Sooo... I got the AI7 and the wifey has the Is7 heh heh :D

Webzta said:

(PS. Batboy - What cooling do you have on your Presccot?) I Really wouldn't advise running it at 3.8 unless you have some serious cooling, Those things drain power like hell, causing the board to over heat ;/ )

Believe it or not, I know what I'm doing. Right now the Prescott is air cooled running at 3.4 gig on default vcore. The 3.8 gig O/C was in my watercooled rig. It's all documented with benchmarks and everything in my thread that can be found in the Intel CPU section.

Webby, I think you're overclocking some BIOS settings. Make sure the PCI/AGP is set to "fix" and "33/66". Try setting the GAT to auto,auto,auto,disable,disable. Also, you need to upgrade the BIOS if you haven't already done that. Go to this link and check out proven BIOS settings on the i865/i875 Abit mobos.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?postid=2393483#post2393483

Yeah i'm aware of how to use the bios, thanks for the link tho..

My settings are fine, I've also tested the "F1 + street racer" modes, found them poor :) they underclocked my ram by 40mhz... and just lowered the timings..which i'd already done :/

Nice prescott setup man, you're lucky :)

(I'm also running the latest bios...)

The Mobo runs hot, Guessing thats why there's no bios option to increase the m/b volts.. :)

Can't clock stable at any speed..not even 2.6 :)

Back