• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

500 GPH AC pump.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A couple of things that I would recommend you look into:

1. I would be curious what the actual flow vs. head pressure curve looks like, although you probably won't find that information readily available.
2. What is the reliability of this pump when running 24/7? Is it designed to run 24/7?
3. That pump uses a lot of electricity and generates a lot of heat, 368 watts (115 volts * 3.2 amps). If all of that heat is added to the water, then you are going to need a big radiator to dissipate that much heat.

(edit) For comparison, the Hydor L30 uses only 23 watts and the Eheim 1250 uses only 28 watts.

That's an older model Little Giant. There have been some reliability questions about older models, but that's in the aquarium where "reliable" is measured in years. It is designed to run 24/7.

They must be wrong about the amps - lol - that might make it a winner for the most ineffecient pump pf all time.

Wow 368 watts. Ok, I guess ill put a big X on that. I am going to do waterchilling so if I have a pump that heats up the water it kinda defeats the purpose. I think I will just stick with the dannar mag 3.
Thanks everyone
-0cer

That seems like a HUGE wattage for a pump like that... wow

BTW I have heard great things about the Mag3, probably hard to find a better option unless you want to start spending a lot more.

It can be put in a "in-line system" it said. So you wouldnt have to deal with the heating up of the water.

CevJuan said:
It can be put in a "in-line system" it said. So you wouldnt have to deal with the heating up of the water.

well some of the heat will always be transferred to the water.... and it wouldn't need a very high percentage of 368watts to be noticeable...

Back