• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake A1681 Aquarius 3 Liquid Cooling Kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It does terrible performance-wise and is a waste of your money.

I'm going to follow the link and tell you EXACTLY why in a minute. ;)

The pump is submerged adding heat to the water - this may extend pump life by keeping the pump cooler, it will also create more work for the cooling loop.

The pump moves 30GPH... I didn't find a head rating but I personally guarantee you that the rating sucks ***.

The radiator is junk... it has a single pipe looped through copper fins and transfers heat very poorly compared to a heatercore.

The tubing is crap... It has springs inside it to keep it from kinking, which won't help the flow of water through already small tubing. This also highlights the trademark cheapness of Thermaltake products. Why not obtain decent quality tubing? What does this imply about the quality of the rest of the components in the unit?

It doesn't perform better than an slk series heatsink.

Summary: Basically everytime I look at something from thermaltake I notice where it seems like they are cutting corners on performance, and covering it up with flashing lights and shining LCD's. This product fits that mold pretty well.

If you just want something all in one and that works quietly, this should fit the bill. If you want good temps and high quality, look elsewhere.

The only thing that system does is announce "I have money to buy pretty flashy things... but no clue"...

You don't want to give that impression :) You can build a quiet, good performance system for less than half the price of that. (If you are willing to put a couple of hours time into it)

i was just curious i came across it in my travels and wondered why no one has talked about it, at present im not loking for watercooling untill i update the rig in my sig

All of the reviews that I have seen, the Volcano 12 heatsink at full speed performs better than the Aquarius 3 with its fan at full speed. They use the same fan BTW. Chop off the last 3 numbers in the Aquarius' price and that's about how much you could buy a Volcano 12 for ($34).

IMOG said:
Summary: Basically everytime I look at something from thermaltake I notice where it seems like they are cutting corners on performance, and covering it up with flashing lights and shining LCD's. This product fits that mold pretty well.

I totally agree. Thermaltake used to make decent performing heatsinks that sold for a good price, but lately I haven't really seen anything good coming out of them.

I give Tt credit for the popular SFII... I can't think of anything else from them I like off the top of my head though.

I only know their recent stuff however.

Back