• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

? about K7T266 Pro2 Ru and how fast a cpu it can handle?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghengisjam

Registered
I've looked everywhere and can't seem to dig up the answer I need here. I have an AMD Athlon 1600xp in it now, what's the fastest CPU I can put in this mobo?

It's the choke point in my system atm and I'd like to upgrade that effectively before I go and dump the whole mobo combo.

thanks for any info!

Pro2-RU. With Raid and Lan. That's my former #1 board, now #2 board. Lots of spouting off on the maximum CPU it can handle but the straight poop is a 2100+ Palamino is the max supported. The plain U version, which I believe for some odd reason came out later, can handle the 13micron tbreds or whatever CPUs but not the RU. There used to be some good charts on the MSI site but I was there the other day and they all seem to be under construction. MSI.Com.TW. I recently bumped mine up to a 2100+ that I bought from the buy/sell forum here on OC. Runs great. Of course that left me with an 1600+ so I went to the PC Fair and picked up an ECS motherboard for $40 or so but that's another story.

Since you are on OC, perhaps you're interested in minor bit of surgery to enable your board to take a faster chip? Try this out:
Linky

Nothing major, just lopping off a capacitor and maybe using a beta or hacked bios. I didn't do it but I'm a wimp. If you do it, let me know how it works out!

Apparently according to some further research this mobo is supposed to be capable of handling up to 2.2ghz.

I have a 2600xp coming tomorrow with 266fsb. We shall see what we shall see...

Back