• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

droop mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
When I first got my p4c800E I had to set the vcore to 1.75v in the bios to get 1.65v during prime95. Asus probe read this as 1.78v. Not ideal as I'd hate to have it idle that high. After the droop mod I now set it at 1.675v. Under load it reads between 1.664 and 1.696. 1.712 at idle. Its a difficult mod because of the small cap, but if you use small gauge wire a 15 watt soldering iron and tin your leads well all you have to do is heat up the wire and when the solder melts you're done. no need to put the soldering iron on the cap

just finished mod big difference no more big vcore drop this mod kicks @$$ i solder every day at work so it was not that hard for me but for thoes who never solder its very hard

Well, I hadn't soldered in 15 years and it wasn't too bad. If you have an old board somewhere just practice until you get it right.

Back