• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mobile barton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lanman31337

Has anyone yet tried a mobile barton in the shuttle AN35N-Ultra board yet. Curious to see if it'll work :~

Just installed for a friend 2 days ago. Got MOBILE Barton 2500+accidentally (Tray). It does work.....only "UNKNOWN PROCESSOR AT 2200MHZ".

The only good thing is : It runs cooler. It runs stably at 2200MHz with only 1.525v VCore. You can't do this with Desktop Barton 2500+. Top overclocking is however very similar....only about 2400-2500Mhz.

Not on air that I've seen, Prometia, peltiers or watercooling, even a lot of the 2.4-2.5Ghz people are using alternative cooling, some are on air. Doesn't seem worth the extra cost for 100mhz IMHO, I saw Retail Barton 2500+ for $83.00 @NewEgg, and they're OCing just about the same and running very cool, not to mention a 3 year warranty where the Mobiles are all 30day OEMs. Just my $0.02

Regards, Balrog

Actually from what I've read so far, the mobile Barton does not overclock as well as the desktop part in general. Some can hit above 2.5, yes, but that is only some users. Most can only hit 2.4 with 1.85 or even higher.

My friend's Mobile 2500 can hit 2200 with only 1.525, but at 2300 needs 1.80v, while my desktop tray processor needs 1.625 at least to run 2200 , but it runs 2300 at 1.7, and 2420 at 1.75

I just went through 7 posts at AMD, I found 2 people running 2.4Ghz on air, all other air cooling was lower, everything above was water cooled. Lots of people stuck at 2.2-2.3Ghz as well, I think I'll skip it personally but if you're in the market for a new unlocked CPU I'd grab one. I have 2 Bartons 2500+ and 2 T-Bred Bs all unlocked and will run over 2.3Ghz stable. I noticed some people were posting they had to pin mod their mobile CPU to get multis, I don't know what that was about. I'm still waiting to see if those DLT3Cs @Excaliber are unlocked.

Regards, Balrog

Damn that is something, might be a fluke CPU as everyone else in the post running over 2.4Ghz have watercooling again. If I had $90.00 to drop, I'd give it a whirl, but I don't unfortunetly. Why don't you buy one Quailane?

Regards, Balrog

Back