• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-G NB loops

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thwei

Did this board have problems with the mounting loops for NB breaking off? Or am I thinking of another board? I had in mind the IC7 had that problem and they corrected it in the IC7-Max3... but I don't know about the IC7-G.

While I'm at it... what's the difference between the IC7 and the IC7-G? :)

IC7-G has got the problem. I've fixed two boards this far.
I just added superglue to them, no problem since.

The diffrence is GigaLAN... -G version has it, vanilla don't...(firewire also? I don't remember...)

Have any pics as to where you superglued? I don't have the board yet, and no high quality pics of it to really get a good look. Also do you know if the stock NB sink is epoxed on or just held down with clips?

The stock heatsink is not epoxed...

I didn't find any pictures... Just add a drop of glue to every clip and your done.

I'll have to check it out when it arrives, then see what I can do.

I was deciding between this board and the P4C800-E Deluxe, eventually got this one on an impulse... figured a better value between the two anyway. Any comments, good or bad decision? :)

Just need to upgrade my 2.8b to a c, and replace my GF4 ti4200 with a 9600/9800pro. HL2 and D3 won't be out till April anyway, so i'll continue to watch prices fall.

Thanks for the help.

Back