• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI LanParty NF2 Ultra "B" $105

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jolyman

Registered
Just in case anyone is interested --- Newegg just listed a --

REFURBISHED DFI LanParty NF2 Ultra "B" for $105.00 shipped.

I just bought one and a Mobile 2500+ OEM for $95.00 +$5.70 for a 1 year ext. warr. on the CPU.

Not bad for $206:D :D :D Hope its a good one;)

I've got it running. 190 FSB X 12 (the KVR333 stops at 190) == 2280MHz.

Prime 95 (all night) - syst. temp. @ 28c - CPU @ 41.5c with a Thermaltake TR2-M2 HSF.

BUT it intermittently dumps the CMOS to default (100 fsb and cpu default = 1235) on reboot. It will keep the settings in CMOS RELOADED and reload them OK but thats a hassle!!

Don't know how fast it's running ( except when I load IE it has to search for the proxy settings after it has defaulted to basics).

I guess I may have to RMA it tomorrow??

NO -- It came with NOTHING not even an I/O shield.

It was RMAed back because it would NOT keep CMOS settings..New battery was no help. Also no USB and missing the 2 jumpers to make the onboard audio work. I'm not sure DFI refurbs Newegg's boards .. mine came in a box from another Manufacture!!!

NEW Ultra Infinity works without a flaw..also booted with all the LP "B" drivers (although I deleted them and reinstalled with just the single LAN driver for the Infinity).

The RED Infinity board looks GREAT with round red cables RED UV wrap on the cables and the Antec UV "LED" light.

I do miss the 4 posting LEDs on th LP B .. but don't need them with the Infinity .. no problems posting.

Well, the refurb nf2 lp Bs are back in stock in refurb section at newegg

GET THEM WHILE YOU CAN!

I took the plunge even though It leaves me with only $63 in the bank account:(

Well i hope it turns out for the best (esp. with my incoming muskin RAM and mobile athlon :clap: )

Wish me luck:beer:

Back