• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AN7 or NF7-S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LuckyOne

Registered
I'm new to overclocking and looking to build a new system, but I have a couple of questions first. I have been reading the forums for quite a while, and understand that the Athlon XP Mobile processors multiplier is unlocked. Is that true?

Also, I'm trying to decide between the AN7 and NF7-S motherboard. Would you please suggest one for overclocking a mobile XP processors?

I think the point was though, that he wants it multiplier unlocked, which the Mobiles are, and the desktop Bartons are not. And yes, to answer your question, the Mobile Bartons are still unlocked. That's why the workaround to unlock regular bartons is to trick the board into thinking they're Mobile ones.

Out of the two choices, NF7-S or AN7, you should go to NF7-S. But depending on your components, you may want to take a serious look at the DFI Lanparty Rev B and the DFI Infinity Boards. Those are gaining some serious popularity with their easy 250fsb, 3.3v vdimm, 1.85v vdd options! I would switch now if there wasn't that problem with my SLK900U not fitting - apparently, I'd have to "order" a custom backplate for it to fit, and it costs like US$10 and I don't even know if they ship to Canada =(

If your not looking to do extreme overclocking and just want a really stable system with 2500@3200 then I would go for the AN7. I recently got mine up and running (after having some HDD problems) and it is performing perfect.

They are both practically the same board. If you think you like or want uGuru than get the AN7. Otherwise get which ever one you can find for less money.

Back