• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lost 11x multi all of a sudden?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathONator

I have the NF7-S rev2.0, today I was planning on breaking 7k in 3dmark03. Well, I was tweaking, overclocking, etc. Found out I could run 3dmark at 236FSB. Great, now let's see which multi my processor can do it at. Tried 11.5 (2700mhz) rebooted right when it started to load windows... ok, now lets try 11, maybe the extra FSB will help more than the CPU mhz loss (usually 3dmarking @ 11.5x230=2645mhz). Save and exit, it reboots and saves BIOS settings... reboots again... nothing except an alarm after a few seconds, have to reset BIOS via jumper... I then tried other settings: 230x11, different mobo volts, nothing works. I didn't try low FSB settings because I don't even care if it works for that. It's like it's acting like the 10/10.5 multis do. I need my 11x multi :(.

Bios=D20

Whaaa?

Last edited:
Im having the same problem. My 10.5 dosnt work neither does 11.
It takes me almost a extra .75v just to get it to crash windoz. Eventhough 10x works @ 1.7v flat :confused:

Anyone have an idea WTF is going on

With me it seems to be 10/10.5/11, but I guess I needa do more testing today. It runs fine at 200x11. but not 230x11. Maybe I'll switch to D10 for a week or so.

I lost the use of all the multipliers above 12.5. They just stopped working one day. Its frustrating as my RAM only gets to 188MHz and my chip can do 2800MHz, so without the multipliers im at a loss.

You guys think that its an Abit issue?

Like I said, im prime stable with 1.725v @ 225 x 10. But 3dmark crashes with 1.925v @ 220x10.5 :confused:

There is no way in hell that it takes more than .2v for 50mgz!!!

Strangly my JIUHB acted the same way on my previous NF7, which was also relatively new.

This need to be investigated PRONTO!!

There is a known problem with the 10/10.5 multis on the ABIT NF7-S (might just be rev2.0s). For some reason they just don't work right w/ most bios. However, they should work fine w/ BIOS D10. So, Sentential, you might try them.

I suppose maybe my 11x multi never worked at high FSBs I'm not sure I ever have used it above 210... but I'll try it tommorrow.

Yup its the Bios 10's and 11 multi. don't work on some high fsb's there is a bios out there that does tho i'll try to find the link to it.

Im using D10 and my 10.5 is screwed up. I can get it to load windoz @ 10x. But when I use 10.5 @ the same speed windoz becomes horribly unstable.

I have tried all BIOS versions. Unfortunatly for me all multis 10.5 and above become very unstable reguardless of voltage. Example:

10 x 225 = 2250 @ 1.70v (very stable in both 3dmark and Prime)
10.5 x 220 = 2310 @ 1.85 - 1.95+ (very unstable, 3dmark crashes every time)

Like I said b4. 60mgz should not require .2v+ to gain stability, especially when using D10. In addition my JIUHB acted the same way on my first NF7 (3 weeks ago). My JIXHB is also unstable @ 10.5.

I really, really dont get it :confused:. My JIHUB was doin 2.35 with 1.7-1.75 volts on my old board. Im starting to think that there is something wrong with the new batches of NF7s.

If someone has a BIOS they would like me to try Im all ears!! I am almost willing to do anything to get past 2.3!

Here's a list of the BIOS Ive already tried:

Tictac's B4 Turbo
D21
D22
D10 (official)
SNDF10
Pr3ach3r's D18
D14
Tictac's D22
Equito's D22
Equito's D21

All of these BIOS resulted in the same problem :( I cannot, no matter HOW hard I try, get 10.5+ stable! I am begining to truly regret getting my NF7.

I know its not the chip cuz my JIUHB will run prime stable with 1.58v @ 2.2 in my old giga-byte board. Yet it takes 1.72-75v to get it stable @ 2.2 on my old NF7.

This has been a wholly poor experience:mad:. Granted its faster than my Giga-byte, but it has far too many problems. Hell my frickin onboard NIC is starting to drop out @ random times. If I cant get this SOB stable past 2.3 (cuz I know its gotta be the board), this will be the absolute LAST Abit board Ill buy.

Like I said, if this POS wont do what I tell it to here shortly Im gonna take a hammer to it and smash it to bits once I go to FX53 late 2005!:mad:

If anyone has a set of BIOS that are known to be stable @ 10.5 or higher with 220FSB and higher, :with the NEW NF7s, not the old ones! PLZ give me a link!

:cry: DAMNIT!! Why the hell didnt I buy that DFI Infinity Board :cry

Last edited:
Pull yourself together man! Lol, you didnt try the modded D10 BIOS? just the official? The modded ones are suppose to fix the 10/10.5 multi.

As for me, it's not my processor not being able to do it. I've tried 230x11=2530 with different voltages... it works fine at 230x11.5... and at 230x11 it should at least POST! Oh, well I'll go back to the modded D10s and give it a try.

Back