• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Timing question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shortyes

From what I read, AMD cpus, higher is not always better, lower timing is better than higher speeds at higher timing while intel CPUs the higher the better

The question I have is that yes most AMD cpus can only hit around 220+ from what I have read and thus most people do not need Ram faster than PC3200

The question I have is that can we get pc4000 that is cheap and run it low but get the 2225 or 2226 timing AMD users are looking for?

Anyone? Can you run ram that is suppose to do 500 with the 3337 timing @ 420 but with 2226 timing?

you want at least ddr400 to start out with, and preferably with bh5 or bh6 chips, both flapperhead and speedmechanic said hynix bt-d43 is good up to 250 mhz but with loose timing.
go to bestbuy, check out their kingston valueram 512 mb dual channel kit (2x256), pick the one that has hynix bt-d43 or bh5 or bh6 in their markings, now each kit cost 95 bucks with tax, but has 25 mir
bh 5 or bh6 is much rarer than hynix bt-d43

Back