• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with my AN7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avyer

Registered
I recently got a AN7 board. I put everything together today, and now I boot it up and it seems like it is all working.. But just really slow. And I mean just really slow.. 2mins just to get to the DWI Pool screen...

My set up is:
Abit AN7
2500+
2 sticks 3200 kingmax 512
1 WD 60gig ATA
2 Seagate 160gig SATA

I'm posting this as I fall asleep. So ask questions about the stuff I left out and thanks in advance....

I also had this same problem when I first got my NF7-S. While putting in my NF7-S I seem to have killed a 80gb, 60gb, and 30gb drive. Don't know how but after unplugging all the drives the computer would hit the Pool data section quickly. After plugging the drives back in, same problem, would be extremely slow. Unplug your drives, and see if that is the cause. If not, im not sure what it could be.

Avyer said:
I recently got a AN7 board. I put everything together today, and now I boot it up and it seems like it is all working.. But just really slow. And I mean just really slow.. 2mins just to get to the DWI Pool screen...

My set up is:
Abit AN7
2500+
2 sticks 3200 kingmax 512
1 WD 60gig ATA
2 Seagate 160gig SATA

I'm posting this as I fall asleep. So ask questions about the stuff I left out and thanks in advance....

I had the same problem! When you boot, you see the splash abit screen.......then..........5 min later, it will go to BIOS. Its your WD drive. Use the master/single setting, requires two jumpers on the drive. SHould fix the problem.

wow i had the same problem BUGGY BUG WORL OUT THIER LOL
and a WD HD i knew they werent perfect :D

"Use the master/single setting, requires two jumpers on the drive."
Please explain single setting. I know about jumpers, master, slave and cable select and never used but one jumper. Pray tell, what is (how do you configure) a master/single setting using two jumpers? Thinking about geting the AN7 and trying to do all my research beforehand and for a hundred bucks looks like a very nice board.

Back