• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my HyperX, perchance, CH-5?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chixofnix

Hey all...

I'm currently running w/ one stick of Kingston HyperX, PC2700 rated 2-2-2-5...

I bought the stick from newegg in late May of 2003, so it's almost a year old...

w/ loose timings (3-3-3-11) she'll run up to 185MHz (from her standard 166) stable (judged by Prime95 and Command and Conquer Generals), but i clocked back to 180 for some relatively tighter timings: 2.5-3-3-9

so... I'm curious, might this be CH-5? Is there any way to limit the possibilities of which chips it may be based on its performance / buy date/source?

hard to tell with the information given...

you dont give any voltages, chipset, ram, etc.

But if you know what youre doing when OC'ing that ram when it comes to voltages etc.... then it sounds like CH5 ram

You know what you can do, you can "bend" the heatspreader and peek under to see if its BH5 or CH5, thats what i did!

Just lift the heatspreader so the sticky things detatch from the chips, do this for both sides, then bend it and take a look....

dont actually BEND it, but just enough to peek under and look at a chip.

I did this, and was able to put it right back, and looks like new =)

mines CH5 =(

Back