• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to enable dual channel in epox 8rda+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ultimasailing

Registered
hello, i read the manual section about memory but i am quite confused. i need some help. i have 2x256mb, and i want to run dual channel,
if i look at the mb, there are 2 dims that are very close to one another, and one a bit farther away from those 2 dims, all the way to the right
is it dual channel if i put memory on the two dims close to each other? or one on the dim all the way to the right, and one stick on either of the very close two dims. i am sorry if this is confusing
or what dim configuration i can put 2 sticks to make it dual channel?

As long as you have one of the two sticks in dimm slot 1 (the one thats kinda seperate from the other 2 and furtheest to the right), then you can have the other stick in any of the 2 remaining slots to activate dual channel mode.

nYmph

i got a stupid question in the BIOS there is a setting for memory frequency which goes up to 200% what is it for ?? i tried 200% at 200fsb and no boot at all is this for dual channel ?? cause i have 2pcs 256mb pc3500 hyperX

I believe this is similar to ratio's..

I keep mine at 100% so I believe this keeps my memory (FSB), at 1:1 ratio with my cpu.

So if you have say a memory frequency of 100%, a 10x200fsb=2000mhz, and increase memory frequency to 200% then you will be running the memory 200% of 200FSB which is like doubling your memory overclock.... Thats probably why you had no boot.. Memory could not handle it...

Someone correct me if i'm wrong...?

nYmph

Last edited:
Your right.

The 200% setting is for 100Mhz FSB processors so you can run ram at its full 200Mhz speed. If you wanted to put PC3200 ram in with an older 100Mhz FSB cpu like a Duron youd need the 200% setting.

that ratio is also really nice for finding the FSB limits of your mobo w/o buying fast ram and crosssing your fingers that you didn't spend too much...

it's like hoping you didn't spend all your money on a porche when you find out later you can only drive 60mph b/c of the speed limit :D

That makes it a bit clearer.

I just got mine in the mail today :happydane:

The memory thing really isn't that clear.

:cool:

Back