• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ 4200 EL problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seren

I am having problems with my ocz4200 it runs to spec but 1 fsb higher @ 1-1 and it crashes running SANDRA memory bandwidth test but will run memtest, I then try it 5-4 it runs SANDRA but there are thiusnds os errors in memtest, it will not run any settings with 5-4 ratio without errors.

I also can not get it higher than spec at 1-1 and I have tried every setting and voltage I can think of,considering the reviews on this memory I am not impressed any sugesstions.

test each stick seperately, could be a flaky chip on one of them... if it is a bad stick, call or email ocz-thet are very responsive to problems......

Hey Seren, I sent you a PM, let me know if you need anything else or have any more questions.

-Sean

Hi Sean I am still having problems and OCZ support say there is nothing wrong at the moment??? it will not run 5-4 dividers above the same speed as 1-1 and then I get thousands of errors, I have tried some corsair 3200 twinx today and that ran with 5-4 dividers so it's not the board and infact I got better results with it, the question is should this meory run with 5-4 dividers and if so how much higher than 1-1 should one expect thanks.

I do not think that it should run above spec. Anything over pc3700 does not like runnig a bit out of spec. If you wanted to go higher you should have got 4400.

Thanks for the reply, I have been testing all afternoon and I have not long since come to that conclusion :D I have managed to get it to run quite a bit higher with giving the cpu a bit more voltage and managed 280 1/1 and 284 5/4 so I guess it could be the cpu holding me back? also I have been having crashes with SANDRA and prime 95, so I have tried lots of things in the bios, I noted in the manual that acpi shutdown temprature is set to disabled by default I had that enabled so I disabled it and they both run now, my temps are not getting that high it was set to 70 c what would have caused it to shutdown? any help greatly appreciated.

if u havent already tested ur cpu for stability and max oc id do that first. run the ram at 5/4 then see how high the cpu can run stabily. its important to test one component at a time otherwise, its hard to determine what is failing

flapperhead said:
if u havent already tested ur cpu for stability and max oc id do that first. run the ram at 5/4 then see how high the cpu can run stabily. its important to test one component at a time otherwise, its hard to determine what is failing

I have come to the conclusion it's the cpu I have had it up 280 fsb 1/1 cpu voltage set at 1.7v but it undervolting 6.75v I think I could go higher but I am a coward and don't want to trash my cpu, but I will try your suggestion

I found that the fault with the crashes in SANDRA and prime were the ACPI enabled and it was shutting the computer down but it was set for 70c and no way I am getting those temps, but I do notice that the USDM that's Epox's monitor fluctuates it will shoot up from 29c idle to 50c and then in an instant back to 29c any thoughts on that thanks.

Back