• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AI7 GAT settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pkrew

This may be old news, but I was trying to get my AI7 up as high 1/1 as I could. Using what most of you would think was an insane 3.5vdimm I was memtest stable on some hyperX at 259. I couldn't get it to pass prime however. The cpu is prime stable at least 265. I tried to old standby auto, auto, auto, disabled diabled. No go. I tried what I used for the max3 F1, enhanced, auto, auto, enabled. No go. I started playing with the read delay(tRD). At a setting of 2 it would hang just after post. Using 3 I was stable at 257 and finally at a setting of 5 I've been priming for 5 hours at 259 using F1, enhanced, 5, auto, enabled. It seeems that setting tRD to auto allowed too aggressive of a setting. This may also be true on the IC7 series.

Interesting. That's one setting I haven't played around with much. Think maybe I might see what it does for my old IC7 and new AI7. You are running the last GAT setting enabled now?

I can run the cpc enabled on my kingston and its stable. I haven't been able to get the lvl 2 to run cpc enabled at any setting or clock speed. not sure why. It just hangs right after posting before it starts to load windows.

Interesting... Other than adding stability in your OC did you get any improvement in mem scores?

Now I have to go test this out on the IS7 as I have been trying to get the GAT setting fully tweaked.

I tried playing with those settings on my IC7 which tops out at a vdimm of 2.8v which might make a difference since you are running higher vdimm. I was not able to boot at 230 FSB 1:1 with CPC enabled using Mushkin level 2 either. But, I could run ok with it disabled.

Your setting of 5 on the read delay didn't gain me any higher RAM speed (FSB), and worse, it gave me a lower Sandra bandwidth score. Looks like F1,enhanced,auto,disable,disable gives me the best score of the settings that work. I'll have to try it with my AI7 once I get it up and running.

Last edited:
read delay(tRD) setting did nothing positive on my IS7. No better stability or OC. Memory scores reflect what Batboy saw.

cpc is a no go with OCZ 3700 Gold, locks me right up if enabled above 240

Batboy, I'd try the best tRD that will let you boot. When I was running my memory lower I was using 2. I just had to use 5 to get my system stable at 259. Yes, I'm sure the higher setting would lower your score and if you're already stable then the only thing I'd try is to set it lower. I posted it as something to look at if you're memtest stable and not prime stable. My Sandra score is about 6400

Back