• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pc3500 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GravY

I have a free stick of the PNY Verto Memory 512mb.. I put it in my rig which has an 8rda+ mobo and it makes my system unstable.. I cannot run my system oc'd at all with it.. I am running it in conjunction with PC3200 ram, it does back down to that speed right?

does this ram possibly need more voltage to the Dimm, I run it at stock voltages..??

possible Bios upgrade?

Or bad ram?

More voltage will increase it's stability, and may allow you to overclock it further. If it's running default, which is probably around 2.5V-2.65V, then increasing vDIMM to 2.7-2.85V should help. A BIOS-upgrade can sometimes help as well.

If it's still not stable, and you cannot raise voltage any further, then your stick is probably bad.

If your running two sticks of memory, by default, the motherboard will set it's settings to go along with the slowest stick (in your case PC-3200).

what happens if Im running two PC3200's 256mb, and the one pc3500? could that be the problem??

also I run my board normally at 200mhz fsb.. which is below the rated speed of the 3500 to begin with, its not stable 400mhz..

Back