• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston ValueRam 2700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

billobob0

Registered
I heard a couple weeks ago that this is put together using BH-6 chips. Is that still true? Also, do the 512mb sticks also use BH-6 chips? Although they don't get to high fsb's as easily as the BH-5, it seems that if you pump some voltage in the BH-6 they are still good OC chips.

For that matter, has anyone gotten BH-6 in anything other than high-end/semi-high end memory?

the bh5 are pretty much picked over but the bh6 are still around in some numbers cause muskin's usin them in their 222 special. i picked up a couple of kingston valueram sticks pc2700 (bh6) havent had time to test both. but one of them runs at least to 240 at 3.08 vlts...now that aint bad

flapperhead said:
the bh5 are pretty much picked over but the bh6 are still around in some numbers cause muskin's usin them in their 222 special. i picked up a couple of kingston valueram sticks pc2700 (bh6) havent had time to test both. but one of them runs at least to 240 at 3.08 vlts...now that aint bad

Yeah, I've heard good things about the BH-6, but what I'm really wondering is that if anyone has gotten pc2700 value ram recently that *isnt* BH-6? Did you get 512mb sticks or 256?

billobob0 said:

Yeah, I've heard good things about the BH-6, but what I'm really wondering is that if anyone has gotten pc2700 value ram recently that *isnt* BH-6? Did you get 512mb sticks or 256?

Yup,

I have Mosel chips on mine, 3 weeks old. it's 512 mb of PC2700 Valueram, running @ 209 with 2.5-3-3-11 timings as I type this.

Pretty good stuff eh? And I think it is really the cpu cooler that is holding me back at the moment....

I have 512MB of pc2700 kingston value ram about 3 weeks old also, but I didnt look what chips are on them, and probably wont till I clean my pc out this weekend, so i'm not to much help till then. I'm guessing most of the recent sticks use Mosel.

Last edited:
billobob0 said:

Kingston uses many differant types of chips on their Value-RAM memory. You can't be sure of what chip you will receive unless A) you check yourself, or B) someone else checks.

There are relatively few sticks of Kingston Value-RAM PC-2700 in the market with Winbond BH-6 chips. The few people with sticks that have Winbond BH-6 chips have gotten stock that were assembled between 2002 and mid-year 2003.

Most sticks of Kingston Value-RAM PC-2700 do NOT have Winbond BH-6 chips in it.

Hynix BT-D43 chips are more commonly found in Value-RAM PC-2700, but there are also several others.

ive seen quite a few samsung micron and hynix 6ns stuff besides the winbond on the pc2700. but ive yet to see any bt-d43 except on their pc3200...

Interesting you should ask. I am in Japan, and I actually saw a Kingston PC2700 ValueRam stick, 512 MB, with BH-5 in it! It looks to me to be a very late stick, as it was Made In China. The BH-5 in it was 'made' 46th week of 2003. I might have got it, 'cept there was only one stick at around $90. Moreover, 2003 vintage BH-5 doesn't perform as well as the original 2002 run (my opinion anyway), so I passed on the stick.

Something is fishy as Corsair insists Winbond has not made BH-5 in 2003! I doubt Winbond would flat out lie to such a big manufacturer. I'm wondering whether the 2003-marked BH-5 is leftover stuff from 2002. Corsair claims they cherry-picked 40% of the 2002 production. Maybe 0330 means the chips were MARKED for distribution in 2003, heh. Only Winbond knows: did they actually do a BH-5 production run in 2003???

As far as I know, all the cheaper ValueRam PC2700 do not use heatspreaders. That's why I noticed the Winbond -5 chips on this stick. They had 5 other sticks but they had Infineon ICs on them.

The Kingston HyperX have heatspreaders so you can't see the ICs. I have some KHX3000 and I don't know if they are BH-5 or BH-6. They seem to be BH-5 as they don't like 2-2-2-6.

I know a few of the real early PC2700 ValueRam had BH-5 but I'm surprised to see it on Made in China sticks. I'm positive I saw 0346 on it too. Latest BH-5 I know of in 2003 was week 38 or so.

Back