• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stabber

Well, my main machine (sig) ran for like over 4 hours on memtest86. 44 tests were done with 0 errors. Also ran memtest for an hour (1031% coverage) with 0 errors. Good stuff

Ive been running prime95 (55% cpu usage) while using aim and surfing the internet for the past hour. Everything is running good.

However, on my parents pc (1 gig celeron/sdram), there were almost 200 errors with memtest!!! Any input as to how I can single out which stick of RAM is bad? I guess I can start by yanking them

Last edited:
other than testing individually i don't think you can find out which stick is bad.

update. Ran some more tests on my GOOD machine jsut for kicks. Used memtest (windows based one).

Ran it from 8:45am until 1:00pm about 4 hours
results:
8000% coverage 0 errors

Last night, I ran 3dmark2001se 3 times with great stability

The other machine (mentioned in first post, is dead)

Last edited:
the windows one is not as thorough as the floppy one, you might want to try the boot memtest again.

Back