• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-G CPU Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thwei

From what i've read this board reads temps up to 10deg higher than other boards. Because of the algorithm it uses. So is the temp it says the real temp... or 10deg higher than real? If the latter, does anyone know where the board determines the temperature or, what i'm getting at, a way to mod it?

Thanks for the input.

If you use Motherboard monitor and use it's configuration utility to select your mobo it should be reading "close" to the correct temp. The motherboard monitor people set the configs based on people's testing. What are your temps?

Right now its showing 40degC for CPU, and 25 for board temp. 40 still seems high to me... I am running a 2.8b at 160fsb... but still I have an SP-94 sitting on there. Anyway... does anybody know what the Winbond 3 sensor is on the IC7-G board?

yes, the method in which abit reports temps is different than most boards. the sensor is actually reading core temps, and not ambient like most other boards. you would be correct by subtracting 7-10c from the temperature you see in the BIOS, or hardware monitor.

by the way, MBM5 uses the exact same temperature reading sensors as the BIOS and HM. so MBM5 is not going to give you any other reading than the one you already see.

IMO, the temps are very acurate. I have a temp probe under my CPU touching the chip, that reads out on the front of my case. Most of the time the board reads within +-2C of the other temp probe under the core. I think that the temp that Abit boards read is very acurate.

I have a digidoc 5 with a sensor as close to my cpu as i can get it hovering around 25C but bios says 36C. I don't know which one to trust. I would hope the 25C becuase i do have a dtek WW that keeps my P4 cold, but wouldn't want to take any chances.

Back