• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help me i cant stop (or cheap thrills part 2)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flapperhead

on my lunchbreak today, guess where i stopped? and yes there was a set of dual channel pc3200 valueram bt-d43. I couldnt resist. now i own another 2x256 set of memory.. good lord i got too much now... buts its like i programmed myself.... well anyway after i test this set,its going on sale...

i got it to boot into windows np at 265 (pc4200valuram) had to bump the voltage up a bit (3.0), also it acts just like my hyperram, only my hyperram runs higher(it should,i paid alot more for it).wont run2-2-2-5 at all, but it runs nicely up to about 220-225 at 2-3-3-5. which is exactly how my hyperram runs.. speedmechanic was absolutely correct with his assumption about my hyperram. they are in fact d43 chips no doubt... one other thing i think im gonna do, is test each seperately cause dc only runs as fast as the slowest stick- see if one of the sticks is a gem and the other average... flapper...

You sir have a problem. You aren't even buying this for yourself, you're buying it just to have good ram to test then end up putting it up for sale. See a therapist immediately!

BTW how much did the cost?

what voltage? 3.0?
does it have heat spreaders??
I have mine at 2.75v 2.5,4,4,5 @250fsb
BTW, mine are generics and are $109canadian per 512 stick

Look what you started Flapperhead! I went cheap thrill hunting earlier this week and got 2 more 2X256 Kits of Valueram. I was looking for BH-6, but all I could find were the Hynix bt-d43. Now I've got 6 sticks of them lol.:D Unfortunately, they all run about the same. FSB about 260 stable for any of the kits. Single sticks, 2 can do 268 FSB with 3.17V, all the others can do 265 FSB with slightly lower voltage. I picked the 2 'better sticks' and I'm seeing now what they can do as a pair. Doesn't look too promising, looks like it'll end up around 261 or 262 FSB. Timings are 3,4,4,8, but they can do 3,4,4,6/7 and GAT settings Auto/Normal/4/d/d. I'm lucky CC and Best Buy have decent return policies. BTW, if anybody is interested, I used cash for one of the BB kits so you can try it out (rebate too), pm me.

Last edited:
yeah i was hopin for some super ram, but 265-270 aint bad for 95.00. as for heat, i got a 120 cfm fan blowing on the cpu and it also cools the ram.. to tell the truth, im not so sure that even copper heatspreaders are really that effective. tonite when i get home, ill test each stick (thats important) because one of them could possibly run real fast while the other holding it back. that happened with my original hyperram. 1 stick ran to 290 at 2.78,the other died at 258!!!. fortunately komusa was real good about it and pretested another stick for cheap and sent it to me. If im really lucky, one of these sticks will be a gem and run real fast...

Back