• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Ram for my system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

honda_man

I am trying to figure out what the best Ram would be for my system. I already have 512 DDR, not sure who makes it. I'll have to look Sat. when I tear my machine apart for cleaning. But I am working on building a gaming machine and have been told by a friend that I could still use some more Ram. Any suggestions? Thanks.

not to be rude but forget the ram until you have done the video card. it will be a much better purchase for you at this time

My advice is to get a pair of good matched RAM (2X512) that will provide you a good upgrade path and sell your old RAM. Kingston HyperX PC3000 is a good investment and is only about $200. Really, it looks like you need a new mobo/CPU/RAM combo.

O.k., O.k. I get the picture here. However, I cannot afford to change Mobo's right now. When I do I have to build a whole other machine as my wife also uses this one for her work. It will be a few months before I can build another machine. But for now I just want to make it livable which I know can be done. Trust me, it's only temporary. Thanks for the input though.

Back