• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my Asus P4S800D-E DELUXE!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vio1

So far this mobo is great... no probs. I have a question to all the other P4S Dlx owners... whats your revision?

Ive got a 1.04 rev.

Im soon gonna try and o/c.

Oh, I dont know if this is a prob with the mobo, but for some reason I cant change the Smartgart settings for my ATI 9700 pro. Im using Omega drivers (the newest), and every time I set the agp speed to 8x it says that it has to restart windows before it can judge if its safe... when it restarts the agp speed is still at 1x.

sorry I dont have windows 2003... i dont know how... unless its like windows XP... then its under the advanced tab in your display settings.

IMO.. all u have to do is set it (agp 4x) from the bios and windows 2003 will detect it as agp 4x... just like win xp and win 2000 :)

Hi

Hi guys just a quick question how high of FSB have you got with your board only because i want to use my 2.4C at 280 fsb also use my corsair xms pc3500CL2 512mb x 2=1 gig hopefully without no problems Thanks guys

i have the same mobo very nice mobo i love it exept i dont like how if i set myn to 30% oc it crashes and ever sence the first time i oced it to 30% and it crashed now if i set it to turbo it crashes even if i dont oc so i dont like that but its good other wise.
i keep it at 20% ai oc with auto setting because turbo dont work.
(with all stock cooling) max at 45C running prime95 48hrs strait.

the things i dont like the mobo for:
i wish the mofits were out in the open (so i could stick a hs on them easyer and the nb hs clips dont like that :)( wanted the sidewinder nb cooling)

but thats 2 bads of the millions of goods.

you shouldnt use the auto overclocking thing in bios. set it to manual and do it old school. this way you can set the FSB to what you want it to be, the vcore to what you want it to be and the vdimm to what you want it to be. also you can change multipliers. auto overclockers suck. i can get a 50% OC when doing it manually while the auto overclocker cant even do 30%.

actually, syperspy, your sig says you have the p4c800-E. we're talking about the p4s800d-e deluxe. it has the normal northbridge hs mounting because it uses the sis655tx chipset

Vio1 said:
So far this mobo is great... no probs. I have a question to all the other P4S Dlx owners... whats your revision?

Ive got a 1.04 rev.

Im soon gonna try and o/c.

I picked one up from newegg about 3 weeks ago. The MB was a rev 1.02 (silkscreened on the board). Came with the latest (1.02) bios. Everything seems rock-solid but I haven't tried overclocking my 2.8 P4 yet.

Does anyone know what was changed between the 1.02 & 1.04 mb's ?

Back