• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which mem for my system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wyno

Ok I have a Abit AI7 and a 2.4c that will run 300 fsb. I either want ram that will run1:1 at 292 fsb or ram with tight timings on 5:4. I bought some Adata PC4200 that wont even boot at 250 1:1 at 2.8 vdimm. I am getting tired of trying ram out that doesnt work with my system. I bought the Adata from Komusa and the guy there told me that the Adata has known compatabiliy issues with the Abit boards and recommended OCZ to me.

Any help would be appreciated.

No RAM is gaurenteed to get up past 280MHz, so on one account you will have to be lucky no matter what product you go with. I would suggest the latest date or highest binned Hynix D43/D5 chips you can find.

But high-binned memory usually comes with a cost premium, like OCZ's PC-4200 Gold.

If your going to push memory with 3V+, then I would first try to get Value-RAM w/ Hynix BT-D43 chips and see how high it goes - if you don't like it's performance then return it. Or any Winbond BH-5/BH-6 memory you can find (for 5:4 w/ low timings).

I dont really care about the cost. What are some of the ram that has the Hynix chips you are talking about and where can I buy them

Wyno

Back