• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pics TC4 + MAG3 + Caprice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EluSiOn

I am waiting for the Cascade SS since Nov 03 until now... and I already sold my ww... so for the time being, I am using my friend's TC4 rev2... it was a 3/8 fitting and I mod it to 1/2 fitting and i polished the base too

dsc00424.jpg

dsc00425.jpg

This my caprice heater core with 4 x 12cm fan.... my friend "Mastu" designed that fan shroud
dscn0629.jpg

Overview
dscn0631.jpg

TC4 rev2
dscn0632.jpg

ZChip mod to 1/2 fitting
dscn0633.jpg

MAZE4 GPU
dscn0634.jpg

Mag3 + Mini T resevior
dscn0635.jpg

mag3 is quiet but it is one very jumpy pump

Water Flow Mag3 -> Caprice Heater Core -> Dtek TC4 -> Danger Den Maze4 GPU -> Danger Den ZChip -> Mag3 T res

Equipment
AMD Barton 2500+ AQXEA 0331RPMW :mad: not lock but bad
Abit NF7-S v2.0
Hercules 9800 Pro (
Sparkle 430W PSU
Digital Doc 5 for measuring ambien temp and water temp

am not happy with this barton because it cant even beat my previous 2400+ which can reach 2600 mhz. This barton tops at 2470 mhz only
cpuz_mbm5_idle.gif

idle ambien temp 24.5c
idle water temp 28.3c
idle temp delta 3.8c
case temp 25c
cpu temp 39c
cpu vcore 2.0v

sandra_cpu.gif

sandra_multimedia.gif

sandra_memory.gif

1m super pi 42sec
010.gif

super_pi.gif

32m super pi 37min25sec
super_pi_32m.gif

Hercules 9800 Pro GPU Core 450mhz Memory 752 mhz
3DMark01se 19370
3dmar01se.gif

3DMark03 6584
3dmar03.gif

Full Load Temp
cpuz_mbm5_full.gif

full load ambien temp 23.8
full load water temp 28.4c
full load temp delta 4.6c
case temp 27c
cpu temp 43c
cpu vcore 2.0v

idle vs full load cpu temp delta 4c
idle vs full load case temp delta 2c

I don't think Sandra's C/W value is that reliable
sandra_cw.gif

Now I just wish Cathar would let me know the situation for the production of Cascade SS is....

Last edited:
Now...how do you get better temps at a higher voltage with all of that in series when I get worse temps at lower voltages with only a single Spiral block and two Chevette cores??? Sigh...well, nice job buddy. It'll be sweet to see that Cascade SS!

Looks very good :)

Nice work on the TC-4, very clean job :)

May I ask where in the circuit you are measureing your water temperature? I can't see in the picture, and am curious about other's techniques on this, so I can get more ideas for myself.

It looks like you have two different sizes of tubing in there, is this the case? It may just be the angle :)

Get some anti-freeze in there! ;)

dscn0631.jpg

If you examine closer, you will see a T-fitting right before the TC4....

I made my own water temp probe... something look like this..
TempProbe.jpg

using digital doc 5.. it can give pretty good temp measurement...

definately looking good, what version of sisoft saundra is that? or is it still at 2000 or whatever it last was? I have been out of the swing of things.

Did that TC-4 have the regular 1/4npt barbs or did it have the O-ring sealed barbs?

Jon

it is sandra 2004...

the tc-4 only have the regular 1/4npt barbs.. it does not have the O-ring... i usedenough teflex tape and teflex sealant glue and test run it for one week... will those wear out after times?

Just out of curiousity, how did you "mod" those blocks? I have a dangerden 3/8 block that I wouldn't mind coverting over....

Thanks...

there surface was tarnished and rusty... i have sanded mine and spray paint it silver...

here is the auto cad image

shroud_1.jpg

Last edited:
here is another shroud I made... trying to use becooling shroud... it is good but not as good as my fren made..
shroud_4.jpg

here is more of pic of my fren made shroud
DSC00429s.jpg

DSC00430s.jpg

DSC00431s.jpg

here is a detail shot of my mag3 with mini T resevior
DSC00426s.jpg

Is that shroud just laying on top, or is it attached some way? Could use something like that for my Blazer core.

How is teh TC-4? Does it have good flow rate? Do you think that you need the Caprice or could you get by with about the same results with a chevette?

Back