• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8kra2+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NVHammerman

Howdee,

Alright, so I have two of the puppys running in two diffrent boxes. I have been out of the oc pic for awhile but decided to upgrade some rigs a couple months back. Just got time to play with 'em in the last week or so. Sad I know but oh well.....

Here is my take:

Rig one is running the mobo just fine. I have an older XP1400 (!!!some history!!!!) that was a choice oc'er my buddy redduc900 had awhile back. On an older 8K5A2+ she was good for about 350 megs oc. Up and running about 200 megs over now and real stable with Server2K3. Older rig, new mobo, nothing to thrilling.

Rig two is a fresh build with a 2500 Barton at default with XPpro. Running Photoshop nice and no problems as yet.

Here is the root of my post:

Due to work related junk I was out of the pic for awhile and decided to upgrade and build another rig or two!?!?!?

Went with the 8KRA2+ for the KT600 chipset and the IDE RAID since it worked with the Maxtors I had.

I was surprized to see how little info was in the forum on this mobo! The thing has it all. What a board!

Still having some probs getting it to settle down over 350 FSB. Might just be my ignorance and lack of time with it. I will report on it with some good numbers in the next few weeks.

Anybody figger out the quirks yet?

Thanks,
The Hammerman

Hey-nice to see another person out here with this mobo.

I finally got the thing stable at 200FSB after a *lot* of screwing around. Problems going higher. Haven't had time to do much on the comps lately (or to come out here). You're right-not too many people out here with this board.

Running 8kra2+, 1x512 lvl 2 blk pc 3500, Barton 2500 AQXEA 0325, 200x9.5~1900. Not in sig until I get the thing the way I want it.

Flashed BIOS to the 8/28/03 (heard bad things about the later one).

What problems are you having going 175+?

Please post away and I'll check this board from time to time.

Back