• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus a7n8x over 2500 mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

makaka

i have asus a7n8x i have overclocked it today to 2530 mhz with barton 2500+(locked one) 11*230 in sync. it run stable know at this speed
i had run prime for 6 hours without errors i am looking realy for more 11* 240
i can run at 11*205 with the vcore default
and 220*11 at 1.8v
and 230*11 at 1.85v max:(
will the vcore voltage mode or the chipset voltage mode help me to realise my dream 11* 240 sync mode?
note :i have done a little chipset voltage with pencil and set it to 1.66v will 1.90 or 2 v help?
nothing done for cpu it can run with max vcore:1.85
still waiting for answer to do it
thanks for help

i hear the bartons are vcore hungry, you should do the vcore mod, it'll require 2 wires, potentiometer(25k is suggested, but if all you can find is 50k or 1M, those'll work too, can be found at radio shack), and an SMD grabber, can be found at fry's electronice if you have one, or a really good electronic shop, if not, you can go to http://www.pomonaelectronics.com/cgi-local/tundra.pl?abcd1234_pom&mode=D&cat=GRABCLIP&page=4 you can choose from any, but i use the 5520(2nd from top)

a memory volt mod might be necessary as well, exact same materials

for the best guide(if you ask me), check this out http://www.maximumoc.com/reviews/asusa7n8x_3.html

just be sure to unplug computer, and pull the cmos battery

Just 1 quick Q, after saudering the 25k resistor, will I be .4v over automatically or is that adjustable? I'd like to be able to use 2v, but not be FORCED TO USE 2v+...

umm, that is a mistake in his guide

he SET the potentiometer to .04 over set value, and actually, that's not even right, ok, when connect the wire to the "pot", you use either of the outside pins, use the middle for ground wire(use case if you want), then you TURN the knob all the was to the end w/ the wire to give MAX RESISTENCE, then you turn your computer on and go into bios, if you have the knob turned to the end w/ no wire, you will have set it to ZERO RESISTENCE, which is bad, which will put the vcore over 2.8+ volts :eek: , bad

now, when you set the bios to 1.650v, and w/ the pot it reads 1.690v, then that's .04v over, but if you change the bios from 1.650v to 1.850v, and leave the pot at same point, then it'll end up being read as 1.920v approx, you see, it's not .04 over, it's acctually a percentage over(don't do the math on the numbers i gave, i'm high now just made up some values)

also, you can then adjust the vcore w/ the pot at any time, either in bios, or in windows while watching asusprobe, lol

I would also suggest, based on your profile to get some better ram, at pc-3500 or better to keep up with you.

ok i have get today new ram pc 4300 :)
i have done the vcore voltage mode but the probleme style the same
i had set the vcore to 2.1 v but it still instable over 230 fsb any help??
thanks

what voltage you runnin on your ram, if 2.8v isn't enough, get the uber bios, it allows up to 2.9v(and it'll actually put 2.9v in), and if you feel that's not enough, you can do the memory volt mod, exactly the same as the vcore volt mod

what cooling on n/b? stock? if so, look into getting a better cooler for the north bridge, or at least remove the stock and replace w/ arctic silver

mosfets could use some cooling too

my ram is pc 4300 it can handle 270 fsb wiithout probleme i have already uber bios 1007
and also i set the v memory to 2.9v my motherbord temp is arround 5 c and cpu temp between 16 and 25c at 1.85 v and from 25 to 40 c at 2.1v
what is the probleme here a vchipset mod needed?

well, it might not be able to do that high of a fsb, but if you want, do a chipset mod, some ppl say it's not necessary on the deluxe 2.0, but have also read the mod helps, up to you, try it and let us know

Back