• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

upgrading RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Buddha1822

What is some very very good RAM to replace in my system? I'm thinkin my ram is the worst of my hardware below (i think) and i wanna upgrade. Basically im looking for 1024MB if possible... any type/config (dual, etc.); the faster the better (mobo info below); BUT mainly very very suitable/durable and high quality (Corsair) + heat dispertion for overclocking... i don't want to have issues if I maintain the OC settings I currently have. All of the current system info is below. Please provide direct links to products if u can? :)

thnx for help!

Hi Buddha1822
I'll go with any of the BH-5 based modules, for example the Mushkin 1Gb (2x512Mb) PC-3500 Level II Dual Pack, rated for 217Mhz @CAS 2-2-2-6.

Adriano

I like the idea, but how about something a little less expensive then $328 :( I'd go for the Mushkin if I have the money, but money is at least one limit. I wanna try for anything $200 or less.

Well,
in the past there was many ways to go, but today is really hard to get 100% BH-5 chips (production stopped!), so a lot of luck is needed to consider other way than Mushkin.

Personally, I would suggest you to take a look into this section about other Posts about the famous BH-5 ;)

I hope it helps you,
Adriano

Back