• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best of the old d-tek blocks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zeroKlvn

Registered
Which block ended up being the better performer? The TC-4 or the Spir@l? I'm lookin to get a better block than the pos im sportin right now (ancient Blackedge) and both of these are going for $25 at dtekcustoms and I'm thinkin of pickin one up. I just wish my metal shop teacher would let us use copper, grrr!!
-zero

zeroKlvn said:
Which block ended up being the better performer? The TC-4 or the Spir@l? I'm lookin to get a better block than the pos im sportin right now (ancient Blackedge) and both of these are going for $25 at dtekcustoms and I'm thinkin of pickin one up. I just wish my metal shop teacher would let us use copper, grrr!!
-zero
atm they have a "s&d" tc-4 at $15+3.50 for barbs....
http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=99

answer may depend on the rest of your setup i think... spiral is less restrictive than the tc-4 (and just about any other block iirc.....)

AngryAlpaca said:
It doesn't look less restrictive... And, the TC-4 is sold out, I think.

shows in stock for me...
spiral:
spir@l.jpg

looks a lot less restrictive to me than
TC-4:
TC_4-P.jpg

which has a more convoluted run, and spiral spring like objects ostructing the flow...

Flow restriction isn't the only variable to consider- if it were, a block like the WW or Cascade would not perform so well.

Back when these blocks were all DTEK offered, it was commonly said that the TC-4 was better, even though it used to be cheaper than the spir@l.

FIZZ3 said:
Flow restriction isn't the only variable to consider- if it were, a block like the WW or Cascade would not perform so well.

Back when these blocks were all DTEK offered, it was commonly said that the TC-4 was better, even though it used to be cheaper than the spir@l.

TC-4 is the more recent design, so it should be better...

Thanks for the input, I hope I'll be able to purchase one in the very near future. I just need to convince a cautious friend to hotflash my damn bios chip so my NF7-S will be back in operation.
-zero

Thanks for those links, SemiCircle, I might buy one of those just for the insurance it would give me. I have a bios extractor but its for the older, large rectangular chips, not the new ones, damn. I just ghetto rigged one, but he doesnt trust it, so...
-zero

Back