• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S v2.0 boots past POST but hangs...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheCor4D

Well, had a few wierd things happen today, and i finally got my computer to post. I had to take out the battery for a while, resetting the bios via the jumper was not good enough. But now it will get past the POST screen, go past my SATA screen, then where it shows all the IRQs is when it hangs.

This is what it says:
Verifying DMI Pool Data ...........................
GRUB

Then it hangs. I have tried to clear the cmos a few times, and nothing. I have tried to softboot it, i have tried to turn it off for a while, i have tried just about everything i can think of to get past this. Not sure what else to try.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

you have to remove the battery when clearing cmos, just moving the jumper from 2-3 to 1-2 will do nothing....

post some specs

did you go over the bios settings to make sure everything looks good? i would load optimized settings, then just do a quick run through of all settings and fix what needs fixing...

Sounds like it cannot find the MBR. Try just letting it sit for a 5 or so minutes if it boots up, your system is having a problem finding the boot record. If it does not boot I would suspect a corupt MBR. Hope this helps!

Are you using BIOS 21 with SATA disks? After flashing, and I got it to POST, mine would do the same.

I found that disabling the firewire ports got it to boot.

Although it would appear that mine's gone west now, so if it'll post IMO it's probly best to reflash with a previous BIOS...

Back