• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

512MB or 1024MB in Video Editing + Gaming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NovaShine

Here's the situation, in HK, there's a very short supply of BH-5 memory. Actually, there's only one type and that's the Corsair XMS3500. I have 1GB of Kingston PC3200 ValueRam in dual channel, but my dad's going to be taking my board and my CPU.

I tried to get 1GB of Corsair XMS3500, but it's too expensive, my dad freaked out at the price, but i think i can talk him into 2 256MB sticks.

Im going to be using this com for a bit of Video Editing, or maybe not even that cuz my dad might be able to do it. Some light gaming (maybe 1-2 hrs a day), school work and later, im going to be taking AeroNautical Engineering in Uni in the UK, and i hear the programs there are quite demanding.

So how much difference would it be if i use BH-5 memory at much tighter timings but 512MB of it to 1024MB of Kingston PC3200 running at 2.5-3-3-8 (this is already OCed, it's rated at 3-3-3-8) at say... stock speed (CPU overclocked, but at 5:4 ratio).

Im going to be using it with a 2.4C and an Abit IC7 Max3

Edit: I may play a bit of BF1942 later, but i still dont have the game :( trying to get it though.

Back