• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wrek kt7-r or 1700+???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R*r

i just use kt7-r n tbred1700+

here are the detail of my pc

abit kt7-r ocmaster bios
tbred 1700+ 12,5x100 (i havent manage to get the high multi)
256pc133
gforce3ti200 200/445
aureal 3d
maxtor 30gb 7200
dvd sony
cdrw liteon 48/24/48
psu 420w

and the problem is pc start to hang when i play games ex.nfs-u when loading between the races sometime in the race but it happen in uncertain time

and even im not playing games,when im typing this thread it hang 3 times...but some time i can just online all nite long wthout a problem...

ive been reading n i thought it way my old psu it was 300w n the indicator show

5v+ 4,85

12v+ 11,52/11,58

couze people say (from what i read here) when the power is low (tolerance 5%?) the system will reboot.

then i bought new psu with 420w and it show

5v+ 5,003

12v+ 11,83

and i think it should be all right???

since i got this kt7-r n 1700 n start using it this hang problem accour

i thought i was the os,im using xp pro sp1 couse im only repair from the old one,but because of this problem i all ready re-install it.

before it never happend,my old one is p3 600,and i began to worried that the mobo that i buy is all ready wrek or smt???couse i cant think other problem???

or maybe it was the under clocking???

AXDA1700DUT3C 9254918260398
AIUGA 0248SPUW 1999

and im only running it on 12,5x100 and i all ready cut the 5th of l3 n it didnt boot at all,before the cut i all ready set it to 500 or 900 but still no boot at all,and now i rejoin the 5th l3 again with pencil n i make a little pencil powder on top of it n i cover it with tape and it work again with the low multi.

so i just wondering is it the 5th l3 that i cut that would be a problem?some heat or big current flow on it n make it disconnect again?thats why it hang?is it possible?

or is it possible because of the vga?couse i read that some people had problem with the vga,but the problem is artifac not hang...

i just try to make as detail as possible so that the one that read it could help to solve the problem.

hope all of u can help...

thx

huf...what a great forum....

thanks for the help all of u...

i finaly found the prob,it was the sound card or maybe the pci

couse i dont use other thing in my pci & now im using isa soundcard n no more hang...

i dont know whats the problem with the sound card,couse before i change the mobo its was ok,no problem.

any idea how to fix the pci or sound card???

thx....

Back