• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bh-5 or not

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drop-Top

I was curious what would be better, pc3200 with bh-5 or say Kingston hyperx pc4000? and what is better bh-5 or bh-6 or is there any difference??

drop-top

alot depends on the cpu. u wouldnt wanna use pc4000 on a cpu that'll only oc to 240 fsb. but running 1-1 at a high frequency say to 260 and up would be an option. i run my 2.4c at around 290 1-1 and get plenty of bw. also the bh6 is surprisingly fast i just got some kingston valueram with some bh6 chips and the darn stuff runs like230- 240 2-2-2-5 (still testing).

BH-5 memory may be harder to overclock to match high expectations. If you don't put voltage into your memory above 2.9V, then it usually isn't worth worrying over BH-5 memory.

so I have a 2.6c chip and a 2.4c chip I can use. (my parents wouldn't mind if I swapped.) What chip memory combo would be best IYHO??

Back