• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my board to do 200FSB, the prob was...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JML

The CPU. it's a locked barton and it's a voltage *****. I had to set it at 1.8 just for it to run 11x200 :rolleyes:

It is, for the most part, stable. School's almost over so I can do all the cooling mods etc and see where I can go from there.

BTW, anyone know where I can get an UNLOCKED barton?

You could always buy a Mobile barton 2500+ they are unlocked from the factory and overclock like mad:D check my sig for what you could expect.

-Milkman

You sure you didn't mean 2400+ or 2600+, cause I can't find a mobile barton that is a 2500+. How much did you pay for it? Cause the locked barton I have was only $90

i read the reviews at newegg and so many ppl are hitting 2.7ghz+

man i gotta get me one of these chips but i don't see them here in canada :/

Re: Re: Got my board to do 200FSB, the prob was...

tyson-chris said:

Almost over? It's Mid-February! Where do you go to school?! =)

I'm in college, my semester is almost over. Then about a month after the next one begins (oh joy)

hmm why are you guys needing so much voltage for 2.2ghz? i've been running 11x200 at stock voltage and never had a problem. over 2.2 i need more voltage but for 200fsb i haven't needed to touch it.

i've got the same setup.. locked barton 2500 and nf7-s v2.0
2x512mb OCZ performance series pc3200 2-2-3-7

JML said:
The CPU. it's a locked barton and it's a voltage *****. I had to set it at 1.8 just for it to run 11x200 :rolleyes:

It is, for the most part, stable. School's almost over so I can do all the cooling mods etc and see where I can go from there.

BTW, anyone know where I can get an UNLOCKED barton?

The mobile Bartons are unlocked. I just picked up a 2500+ mobile from Newegg and the thing screams.

twump said:
hmm why are you guys needing so much voltage for 2.2ghz? i've been running 11x200 at stock voltage and never had a problem. over 2.2 i need more voltage but for 200fsb i haven't needed to touch it.

i've got the same setup.. locked barton 2500 and nf7-s v2.0
2x512mb OCZ performance series pc3200 2-2-3-7

Check the sig for my vcore at 200x11. I guess it's just different for every chip. Now I really wish I got a Mobile 2500+ seeing how those things oc. Oh well, my Arctic Silver 5 is really starting to kick in strong and I am running about 29C idle as of this morning, haven't checked load yet. I'm gonna probably up the voltage as far as 1.85 to see how this thing will oc, assuming my temps stay as good as they are. I'm hoping for 2300mhz at least.

Its not the CPUs. The new NF7s are really unstable with multis past 10.

I cant get 10.5 stable past 2.25. Even with 1.95v (which is total BS) Eventhough Im stable @ 2.25 with 1.7v.

More crap from Abit. Im never buying em again!

The new locked desktop bartons are really luck of the draw chips. I thought I had a crappy chip that won't do 2.2 with stock voltage. But It can do 2387 at 1.75, Weird. It won't budge at stock voltage but it can do 2.5 easily at 1.85. B4 this chip i had one that won't do anything over 2.2 and to get it stable I needed 1.8v it was a hot sucker too.

Sentential said:
Its not the CPUs. The new NF7s are really unstable with multis past 10.

I cant get 10.5 stable past 2.25. Even with 1.95v (which is total BS) Eventhough Im stable @ 2.25 with 1.7v.

More crap from Abit. Im never buying em again!

i've never had a bad abit product. my board is anything but unstable. just cuz the board doesn't do exactly what you want doesn't mean the board or the whole company for that matter are crap. even by skimming these forums you can easily tell abit is on the top of the mobo game. either you have bad luck or user error

Ive used every BIOS available. There is a huge mis-conception in the community! The new NF7 are aweful.

Sure they can get 220 on the bus. But none of the multis past 10x work. Many pplz and myself have experienced this.

These pplz got their boards less than a month ago. I dunno WTF Abit did to these NF7 but they refuse to cooperate every step of the way!

Unfortunatly no BIOS revision has fixed this problem. If someone could help me I would be very greatful.

So far nothing has worked :mad: Thus I am never buying Abit again!

Sure Overclocking is one thing, but there should not be a problem with the multis past 2.2

This happens despite any voltage I throw at it. I had the same problem with both my JIHUB and my JIXHB.

My JIUHB was running 2.4 in my old VIA board with 212 on the bus, so its not the chips.

Plus its not the typical 10/10.5 multi issue, this one is far more sinister:(

Windoz loads fine, but it requires considerably higher voltage. (1.7 vs. 1.825) Plus any app including 3dmark almost immediatly BSODs.

Hell I cant even run IExplore :(

My NIC has started to randomly drop out recently to top it all off. Im on the verge of RMAing this POS back to em. Maybe the next one wont be so ****ty :mad:

Last edited:
Hmm... I have a new NF7-S (month and a half) and can run stable up to 220 fsb with any multi on up to 11. 2425MHz is getting close to the limit I'll go with air cooling because it takes 1.75 vcore to get it and I don't enjoy loud fans. I've been in windows at 230x10 and 230x10.5 but my ram doesn't like to play that much. I think the board is performing okay.

I need 1.75 to get 2.2 stable on my board....hmmmm

Im gonna do a real burn in today @ (133 x 5) and see what happens.

I thought JIXHBs were supposed to be very good. Now seeing that someone else has a new board that works fine makes me wonder.....

Maybe a Mobile Barton is in my near future :-/

Im gonna see how it goes today and try to narrow it down. Its either the CPU or the mobo.

Though it was the mobo, but now Im not really sure.....

Last edited:
Back