• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hydor L30 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hydr0 Styles

Well I got all my parts a few days ago, and I have them all installed...
but my hydor l30 is acting really funny.

When I turn it off, I can't turn it back on.

I mean, I plug it back in, and it sits there and hums, but it's not moving any water. I kind of have to hit it to start the pumping of water again.

Anyone else have that problem?

I really want to hook this up to a relay, but if it's going to be a pain in the *** to start up, maybe I should just return it?

Thanks

30 views... can someone give me at least a "wow that sucks" ??

Asking for help on here is like cutting off a finger, freakin' A.

I gi get that sometimes with mine but i usualy have to open it before that happens. Other then that it normally works great

Happens to alot of people, sand down the impeller shaft with some fine sandpaper... It fixed mine.

Also, take a cue-tip and clean out the internals of the pump really well.

You might want to check for cracks in the plastic, and see if everything is straight at the same time. Some people have had issues with cracking/warping plastic in this pump, and it could be causing your problem.

If there is something seriously wrong, I would *not* modify the pump, and simply return it for another one - play it safe ;).

30 views... can someone give me at least a "wow that sucks" ??

Asking for help on here is like cutting off a finger, freakin' A.

Well, if 30 people view the thread, and none have anything constructive to say, then they probably won't post ;)

I'm getting my PCI relay in about a week...
I'll drain my system and check out the impeller also and see what's going on.

felinusz said:
You might want to check for cracks in the plastic, and see if everything is straight at the same time. Some people have had issues with cracking/warping plastic in this pump, and it could be causing your problem.

If there is something seriously wrong, I would *not* modify the pump, and simply return it for another one - play it safe ;).

He wont hurt anything by what i said. The impeller comes out very easy, and its more of a "polishing the shaft" then sanding it, you have to do very little. CLeaning the insides also works very well. This is not an uncommon problem.

should I take the fins/caps/ all the other crap off of the metal shaft to sand it?

Also... my pump is a little noisy when it's working.
Given I just filled it, but it's been running over night, and all the air appears to be out, but the pump actually sounds like a waterfall.

Err... more like a running stream. Kind of a trickling of water sound, coming from the pump. Anyone else have this?

Thanks.

Back