• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Guidance On SN45g

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Koranuso

Hey yall, Ive been trying to over clock my shuttle sn45g but each time i try i get a dead computer....and i do mean stone dead.

I need someone who has the same model as i do to give me a step by step guide as to how they overclock theirs.

SPECS:

2x 512 Mushkin 2700DDR
2x 120Gb 8Mb West Dig Drives
Dvd Burner
2500 Barton
Radeon 8500LE
Everything else stock.

THINGS IVE NOTICED WIERD:

The Barton is set at a default of 1.85V core. wierd

THINGS IVE TRIED:

I switched only one setting in chipset features from default to Aggressive.....it crashed comp and cant get to BIOS anymore....

The comp is completely dead, ive even tried ordering a new BIOS chip and replacing it.....that didnt help either.

Ive done every single thing you can do to get it up and running....nothign works.

Please tell me what im doing wrong.....what settings i can mess with and what ones i cant.......My third SN45g arrives in the mail in a few days.

Thank god for newegg.

Hey Koranuso! I hear your pain! Unfortunately they're aren't a lot of XPC folks who post in here, though I'm sure some drift through and might be able to help. I know every forum I visit is full of posts regarding problems with this model, so you aren't alone. Have you tried posting in the Shuttle Forums over at www.nforcershq.com & www.amdmb.com I know there are a lot more people with XPCs that post at those sites. I can try to help based on my experiences with my mATX and ATX Shuttle nForce boards but I don't know how much of what I say is transferrable to the XPC line. Do you know what version of the BIOS your rig runs? Yes, you're right, the Barton should not default @1.85V.

Regards, Balrog

Id never heard of those sites but ive just posted topic in both

thanks for heads up.....the new sites look promising for shuttle help.

Yeah, I was just there, I think you'll have better luck, more traffic at those sites, nForcersHQ Shuttle section is almost all XPC these days and AMDMB is a big-*** forum, over 65,000 members last I knew. I've been a member at both sites for quite awhile, I go by the nic of Szandor over there, give me a shout or PM if you have a question. I'll see if I can track down some people I know who used to have XPCs, maybe they can help you out.

Regards, Balrog\Szandor

Back