• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do I have a legal case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lokicat

Some of you will remember that the early batches of IC7-G mobos had a tendency for the loops on the chipset cooler to pop off. The reason was due to cold solder joints where the loops are attached to the motherboard.

Anyway, this happened to me and Abit replaced the mobo. However, when the cooler popped off, it landed on the back of my 9700 Pro video card - metal side down!. Now, my card shows a garbled checkerboard pattern so the memory is all screwed up.

Do I have a legal standing for Abit to give me a comparable graphics card?

Im not sure, but it should have be brought to their attention when you had the MB replaced. Time is the key in issues like this. Don't wait any longer. Call Abit.

personally I think your SOL because most companies are on some sort of time schedule with these kind of claims. The longer you wait the less likely they are going to replace what broke.

abitavenger

Hope is here.

Hey i feel your pain. I have the IC7-G and about a month ago my northbridge fan fell onto my AIW 9800pro! I was furious. I now had a $400 paperweight. So i RMAed the board and told ATI the situation and they gave me an RMA number and now I have a new card and MB. I think you should email ATI and tell them what happened. I believe it is more cost effient for them just to give you a new card then go to court or even try fixing your card. Hang in there though, life without a high in graphics card is tough. All this 2d gaming and slow frame rates .....ahhhhhhh it hurts the head.

BluZytrix

Last edited:
Back