• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC2700 RAM nforce 2 mobo question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raventy

Hey guys.. my KT333 based motherboard which had 512MB of Coarsair PC2700 DDR ram in it died and I now need to get a new motherboard to replace it. After searching around I found a nice motherboard which I want to get: MSI K7N2 Delta-L nForce2 Ultra 400 ( http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=241094 ) but then when browsing their site I had gone to the page that had my RAM on it "Corsair CMX512-2700C2 512MB DDR333 PC2700 XMS Memory " ( http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80060 ) and towards the bottom of the page it says: "* Note: Please be advised, Corsair does not recommend selling the CMX256A-2700C2/PT or CMX512-2700C2/PT into dual channel motherboards including Nforce 2 chipsets. For the highest performance and compatibility Corsair recommends using the new TWINX and LowLatence modules. " Being as I paid 150 bucks a year 1/2 ago for that 512 stick of ram and wanting to use it in the new motherboard im getting that message brings up some concern to me. Will I be able to use my ram in that motherboard? If so, will I get LOWER preformance with it in that motherboard than I would be getting if it were still in my kt333 board? Thanks!

If ur just using one stick of 512 it will not alow dual channel, because u need two sticks ;). But with amd cpus it makes very little difference anyways. And u definetly wont see any performance drop from it.

ah yea, so that problem only occurs if I use that type of ram in dual channel not single mode then right? Cause ill just be using it in single channel with that one stick I just wasnt sure if i'd get some kind of preformance drop from using it in my kt333 board when I stuck the one stick in a nforce 2 board that "likes" dual channel. Though actually I would think the newer board based on nforce2 chipset would be a little faster anyway than the older kt333 no?

Back