• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC-3700 cheaper than PC-3500 .. why?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheTick

Im going to be picking up 1 stick of Corsair 512 mb(I will get 2 eventually, but its not cheap)

Which is better to get, if I want to get my FSB up to 220 or higher, Corsair PC-3500 or PC-3700

It's priced differant because bigger numbers don't mean better things.

You should never purchase high latency memory with an Athlon. Corsair XMS PC-3500 should be using Winbond BH-5 chips, which are very capable low-timing memory chips. This means that Corsair XMS PC-3500 will be a very good match with any Athlon system.

speed, are you sure if Corsair XMS 3500 is still using BH5? where can these be found?

jlo56 said:
speed, are you sure if Corsair XMS 3500 is still using BH5? where can these be found?

I believe Corsair hasn't been assembling Corsair XMS 3500 for a while. Unless they've started shipping it out again, it should have Winbond BH-5 chips. Because of this, however, it's hard to find, so you would have to look around.

If I could get some CMX512RE-3500LLPT(XMS), are they worth the 180$ per chip, or what else would be comparable. More in the 150$ range. Thx

yeah im looking for a good ram but if i get no post replies, i think i will go ahead with my Geil Golden Dragon PC3200 2x512 :)

I want to order this tonight, but I dont know if its any good in the Corsair line up.

macz28 yes i mean if u want cheaper one, for $190 2x512 pc3200, thats really cheap :)

OK, Ive changed everything. I am ordering up 1 stick for now of Mushkin PC-3200 BH-5 , 2-2-2-6, at 141$. Gonna buy another stick if my subs sell. Wish me luck with it

macz28 said:
If I could get some CMX512RE-3500LLPT(XMS), are they worth the 180$ per chip, or what else would be comparable. More in the 150$ range. Thx

That is not something you would want to buy. That is registered memory, and it does not have Winbond BH-5 chips. XMS 3500 does, but not Corsair's recently offered registered (for Opteron/FX-51 mostly) PC-3500.

The Corsair XMS 3200 C2 should have Winbond CH-5 chips. The Mushkin PC-3200 "222 Special" (mislabled as "Level II" at NewEgg) has Winbond BH-6 chips. BH-6 chips are basically the same as Winbond BH-5 chips, but may need additional voltage to perform to expectations.

Back