• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP-M 2400 in KT3-ULTRA Ver1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CorsiarFlyer

After reading so many success stories with the XP-M 2400 and 2500s I had to take the gamble. Received mine from NewEgg this afternoon. I have the KT-3 Ultra Ver1. Chip would not post at first. Put in the old XP 1600 and upgraded bios.

Once that was done it booted right up. WCPUID shows 2255.11 MHz. 167.05 FSB with 13.5 multiplier.

Temp is about 43C with case open. Strange thing on the Core CPU voltage seems to give me different options when I re-boot. Some time topping out at 16.75 and sometimes up to 18.5. Not sure why.

Just running cheap 2700 ram.

Seems like a great upgrade, looking at 3.2 GHz chip for $79.00. Can't beat it.

May have extended use of the old KT-3 Ultra for another 6-12 months.

thanks for the tip.

I need a new cpu for my other machine and was thinking of a M for
this one, either 2400 or 2500

will you post back with your highest fsb speed with that pc 2700 ?

thanks

Can't seem to push the FSB past 169 before it starts locking up. This is with 13.5 multiplier giving me around 2281Ghz.
Not great but than again I'm happy. It was a vast improvement over my XP-1600.

Vcore is coming up at about 1.58. With max multiplier of 13.5.

Will have to play some more to see if I can get anymore.

ordered a 2600+ Mobile barton. have the KT3 Ultra-ARU.

will get it install this weekend and post results. hoping for 2.4 Ghz or higher on water.

got it installed and working

15x166=2500Mhz
had to bump vcore to 1.775
still has some left in it, will try some more this weekend

MSI Ultra ARU rev.1, bios 5.7
166FSB.JPG

I have a KT3 Ultra (not Ultra2). Would I have free range on the multipliers in the bios if I installed a XP Mobile 2400+?

Thanks.

The mobile Bartons are all unlocked, but don't you have to do a wire trick to to the MSI KT3 Ultra 1 and 2 to get upper multipliers?
That might help you get around the limited PCI/AGP divider that hobbles the KT3 mobo overclockability.

I've got a KT3 Ultra 2 in one of my Linux machines and just got a plain (locked) Barton 2500+. I can only crank the FSB up to 183-184 without getting video artifacting since these mobos do not have a 1/6 divider, only a 1/5 divider which kicks in over 150 FSB speed. It's still a decent overclock for a $75 cpu, and maybe someday I'll spring for a better mobo since I suspect this chip will likely easily go all the way to 200FSB and run like a 3200+ with decent cooling.

Back