• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thoughts/concerns on this RAM...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Odie812

Hey everyone,

After trying out about six sticks of Buffalo CH-5 Winbond PC3200 RAM, I've concluded that it just isn't the stuff for my computer. Some of them were just straight away defective, as the Buffalo returns tech told me after I RMA'ed them, and some were just not good for OC'ing.

SO...

I am considering this ram at newegg. It has been reviewed well by customers with my setup, and I would appreciate all of your thoughts and/or concerns about this Mushkin 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-3500 Level One memory.

Thanks in advance! :)

Odie

That's BH-5, and a lot of people like that as opposed to CH-5.

There isnt anything wrong with any Mushkin product. The level two version will give you better timings, but you dont need that.

If I were you though, and going to spend a lot of money on RAM, I would get the level two, since I think if I'm going to spend real money on something, I might as well get the best.

Your choice, good luck making it.

Welcome to the forums. :)

Thank you, Foxie3a

I actually was unaware that it was BH-5. All the better, I suppose.

I also noticed that it is sold in a 1GB dual pack. If I intend to run 1GB in dual channel would I be best off buying this pack? I assume they are matched and what not.

Odie.

Back