• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Awww NB fan stopped spinning NF7-S V2!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't think I have ever seen an option in the BIOS for the NB fan. I would give Abit a call tomorrow and tell them your fan has stopped working. They should send you out a new one asap.

Oh Yea it is connected to the board NP I was spinning earlyer then I just checked it in the past few min and it is not now, I thought I might have read soemthing about the CPU disconnected or soemthing like that I dunno

cpu disconnect function in the bios? that's just for decreasing cpu temp while idleing...

it's not really an issue imo but what you can do is either stick an old heatsink on there with some thermal tape....

also try to blow some compressed air into the fan, maybe it's really dusty or something...

Update, I just moved the fan with my finger and it seems to have been stuck on something I dunno but it is working now, Thanks for your help I'll just have to keep my eye on that

Frumpco_ said:
Update, I just moved the fan with my finger and it seems to have been stuck on something I dunno but it is working now, Thanks for your help I'll just have to keep my eye on that

The NB fan is weak on these MBs anyways. Why can't we get a nice big one like on the IC7s?

What I did was hack down an old Socket A HSF and drill some holes for it and bolted it in place w/ a 60mm Delta @ 7v. Now even if the fan dies for some reason my heatsink is big enough to passivly cool the NB and not cause any damage.

PICK? Nope. Don't have a PIC either though. I can get one, but it will be terrible.

Frumpco_ said:

I had the same thing happen to me with my first board. In the end I decided to go with a Zalman passive NB cooler (the blue one). I'd definatly keep your eye on that 'cause I guarentee that it won't stay working for long.

Ok here it is. I told you it would be bad. Plus thats the best I can do with the computer on, and the explosion of wires and tubing.

Fan-Water.gif

NBFan.gif

If you look closely in the top right of either picture you can see my V-Dimm Volt Mod. The small blue box with one white wire and one blue one. I thought that was pretty neat when I looked at the pictures.

Back